So our shopping experience today was super hectic. We got so tired that we wanted to get back home as soon as possible. Even my son was so tired that he started getting cranky, So we just skipped our idea of dinner out and rushed home.
Ahh, an add-on to my hectic day, cooking. I seriously don’t wanna cook the usual meals, its too tiring.
So, I searched my entire kitchen for something that can be easily cooked and with all ingredients available, settled down to my son’s favorite White Sauce Pasta.
Italian is my favorite always. White Sauce Pasta is a peppy, yummy dish which can replace any meal as its a fuller and definitely satisfy your taste buds too.
Pasta – 1 cup (any pasta variety)
Milk – 1 and 1/2 cups
Maida(All Purpose Flour) – 1 tbsp
Onion – 1 small finely chopped
Carrot – 1 small finely chopped
Capsicum – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Cheese – 2 tbsp grated
Butter – 1 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Oregano – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Cook pasta with enough water along with a tsp of olive oil and salt.Drain and Set aside.
2. In a pan – heat a tsp of oil saute the veggies for 2mins,Set aside.
3. Heat butter in a pan when it starts to melt add maida.Whisk it well.
4. Now add milk and keep stirring. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes slightly thick and creamy.
5. Cook in low medium flame and keep stirring to avoid lumps.
6. Add required salt, oregano, pepper powder and chilli flakes.
7. Once the white sauce becomes thick, creamy and coats the ladle. Add the sauted vegetables.
8. Add cheese.
9. At last add cooked pasta and give a quick mix and switch off.
10. Serve Hot.