Powered by Inviul
With festival of colours arriving. From market to kitchen, preparations are on full swing with full holi swag. I just love this festival of colors. So this time I splashed everything with colors.
Direct from my kitchen, I bring to you some colorful holi special recipe – Gujiya.
Khoya/Mawa – 1/2 Kg (Crumbled)
Semolina/Sooji – 200gms
All Purpose Flour/Maida – 500gms
Cashew Nuts/ Kaju – 100gms (crushed)
Almond – 100gms (Crushed)
Raisins – 50gms
Sugar powder – 150gms
Organic Edible Colors
Ghee – 2tbsp
Oil – For Frying
1. In a pan, take ghee and saute dry fruits for two minutes then add Sooji.
2. When Sooji turns golden add khoya and stir.
3. Then add sugar(according to your taste). Your filling is ready.
P. S. Keep the flame low.
4. Make dough with all purpose flour, adding oil, color and water as required. Keep it aside covered with a damp muslin cloth.
5. Make equal dough balls, roll it with rolling pin to a circle of 3-4 inches diameter.
6. Take Gujiya maker, assemble the rolled dough and layer with filling. Apply water or milk on edges and give it a proper shape with the help of Gujiya maker.
7. Deep fry in Oil/Ghee.
Yummy Colourful Gujiya Is Ready.
Chutneys and food go hand in hand, be it any season. Winters are incomplete without …
Good food = Good Mood. so when I was on my hunt for good food …