Tera kaun vicharaa ho!
Dullah Bhatti walla ho!
Dullhe di dhee vyayae ho!
Ser shakkar payee ho!
Kudi da laal pathaka ho!
Kudi da saalu paata ho!
Salu kaun samete!
Chache choori kutti! zamidara lutti!
Bade bhole aaye!
Ek bhola reh gaya!
Sipahee far ke lai gaya!
Sipahee ne mari itt!
Sanoo de de Lohri, te teri jeeve jodi!
Bhaanvey ro te bhaanvey pitt!
Gur (Jaggery) – 200gms (Small pieces)
Ghee – 2tbsp
Saunf (Fennal Seeds) – 3-4tbsp
1. Roast sesame seeds on medium flame untill they are brown and take them out on a plate and let it cool.
(P.S. Dont over roast else sesame seeds tastes bitter)
2. Grind the roasted sesame into a coarse powder.
3. Take 1tbsp ghee in heavy bottom pan and melt jaggery pieces to it and keep stirring for another 2 mins.
4. Add grounded sesame and fennel seed to melted jaggery and mix well.
5. Spread the hot mixture on a flat surface, let it set for half a minute (30 seconds)
6. Grease the roller and spread the mixture more to desired thickness.
7. Cut the rolled out patti (brittle) in desired shape.
8. Let it cool completely.
Til Gur Patti (Sesame Brittle) is ready.