Winters always makes me lazy but the love for chicken is unending. We mostly have chicken in dinner with parantha’s or naan but the foodie in me always love and enjoy having chicken curry with plain rice. So whats better than having rice and chicken curry combo for lunch. So here’s my quick and super yummy recipe for chicken curry.
Chicken – 500gms
Onion – 3-4 (paste)
Tomato – 2-3 (Pureed)
Garlic paste – 1tbsp
Green Chilly – 2 (Finely Chopped)
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Corriander Leaves – For Garnish
Oil – 2tsp
Salt – To Taste
1. In a pan add oil, add cumin seeds and allow them crackle
2. Now add onion paste, garlic & ginger paste and saute till golden brown.
3. Add green chilles and tomato puree. Keep stirring.
4. Once tomato puree dries, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, dhaniya powder and salt. Saute.
5. Add Chicken. Mix well and let it cook till its golden brown.
6. Add 1 cup water. Cover and let it shimmer untill chicken is properly cooked.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves
Chicken Curry is ready to be served with plain rice or zeera rice or paranthas.