For me 2018 started with family and friends as dear as family. I just love to spent my new year eve on terrace and always treasured the moment of welcoming new year on terrace with the shining stars and bright moon.
So we decided, to cook together, eat together and welcome 2018 together. And this time the cuisine we decided on is scrumptious Fish Curry.
I never made fish curry ever before and thought its a tedious task but its not. Luscious Rohu fish cooked with musturd gravy make the easiest and yummiest fish curry ever.
Fish – 1Kg (Rohu Fish)
Garlic – 3-4bulbs (12-15 medium size cloves each)
Green Chillies- 5-6
Tomatoes – 3-4 (medium sized, pureed)
Yellow Mustard Seeds – 50gms
Mustard Oil – 250ml
Salt – To taste
Turmeric Powder- 4tsp (for marination and recipe)
Coriander Leaves – For Garnishing
1. Marinate fish with salt and turmeric powder and leave aside for atleast an hour.
2. Grind mustard seeds, once done add garlic and green chillies and grind more to make a fine paste.
3. Add mustard oil and heat. Once heated deep fry the marinated fish. (The deep fried fish makes a perfect starter as well)
4. After deep frying the fish, add mustard and garlic paste(made in step 2) to the leftover oil and saute till you smell mustard.
5. Add tomato puree and let it cook at low flame for next 15minutes.
6. Add salt and turmeric powder as needed and water to make sufficient curry. Let it cook for half hour more.
7. Add fish to curry and let it boil for 5 mins.
Fish Curry #newyearseve #foodporn #food #yummy #foodblogger #nonveg #fish #Food #foodgasm #foodie #foodpicoftheday #foodporn #foods #foodpics #nonveg #nonvegrecipe #homemade #madebyme #canon #dslrphotography #canon1300d📷 #indianblogger #foodblogger #DelhiBlogger #delhincr #Ghaziabad #delhi #RecipeOfTheDay #alltimehomechef #byebye2017 #welcome2018 #happynewyear
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or roti.
Delicious Fish Curry is ready.