|My Yummilicious Rum Fruit Cake|
Dried Fruits and Berries – 2Cups (I used blackcurrants, raspberries, carnberries, prunes, blueberries, cherries, raisins, dried mango and dired pineapple)
Rum – For Soaking (I used Old Monk Rum)
All purpose flour (Maida) – 2½ cups
Sugar – 2Cups
Powdered Sugar – 2Cups
Butter – 1Cup
Eggs – 4 ( Separate yolk and eggwhite)
Orange Marmalade – 4tbsp
Baking Powder – 2tsp
Baking Soda – 1tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1tsp
Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
Nutmeg powder – ½ tsp
Jeera powder – ½ tsp
Dried ginger powder – ½ tsp
1. Soak all dried fruits and berries in rum and caramel syrup.
(P.S. *For Caramel syrup – take 4tsp of sugar and heat it with 2tsp of water at medium heat untill sugar melts and turns brown
*Add Rum to soak the berries fully and store in an airtight jar.
*U can soak from 3 days to 3-4months for enhancing the flavour, mix berries once a day)
|Berries Mix Soaked For One Month|
2. Sift together all dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder , cardamom powder, nutmeg powder , jeera powder and dried ginger powder )
3. In a pan heat 1½ cups sugar with 1tsp water, keep stirring until sugar melts and becomes dark brown in color, then add 3/4 cup hot water.
(P.S. Be careful while adding hot water as sugar syrup will splash while adding water)
4. In a pan take butter add 2cups powdered sugar and beat untill its creamy, now add egg yolk one by one and beat untill its nicely mixed.
5. Now add dry ingredients slowly and mix untill properly combined.
6. Now add vanilla essesnce, orange marmalade and caramel syrup (prepared in step 3) and mix well.
7. Strain the rum soaked berries and save the rum.
8. Mix strained berries with 1tsp all purpose flour.
(P.S. It will save berries from sinking to the base of cake)
9. Add berries to the mix and fold well.
10. Beat eggwhite untill forthy, add 2tsp powdered sugar and beat untill glossy and gently add it to cake batter.
|Cake Better Ready To Be Baked|
11. Preheat the oven at 180 degree C.
12. Grease the cake pan and cover it properly with greased parchment paper.
13. Pour the batter in cake pan and bake at 180C for around 50minutes or untill done.
(Check using a toothpick, insert it in cake and if it comes out clean your cake is done. 1 baked at 180C for 55minutes in my Samsung microwave convection mode)
14. Brush the saved rum (from strained berries) over the cake to enhance the flavour.
|Rum Fruit Cake|