Cups filled with yummy ginger or masala tea get served..
And thing is what’s in snacks?
Yeah, tea time is simply incomplete with snacks. And one of the most popular snacks in India is Matthi/Matthri. It’s a salted crispy snacks which goes well with tea. Tastes yummy and increase the tea time which is my favorite family time.
All purpose flour / Maida – 250gms
Semolina / Sooji – 100gms
Carom seeds / Ajwain – 2tbsp
Dry Fenugreek Leaves / Kasoori Methi – 2tbsp
Salt – According To Taste
Ghee – 5tbsp
Oil – To fry
1. Mix Maida, Sooji, Ajwain, Kasoori Methi and salt. You can add chilli powder if you love more spicy.
2. Add Ghee to above mixture and mix well.
3. With water make a proper dough.
4. Cover the dough with damp cloth and leave aside for 1-2 hours.
5. Divide the dough in equal parts.
6. Roll the dough with rolling pin. Maintain a thickness of about 1cm.
7. Cut in desired shape and size with knife or any available cutter.
|Ready To Be Fried.
8. Deep fry in medium flame until it turn golden brown.
9. Cool and store in a air tight container. It can be stored for 3-6months easily.
Time To Cherish Tea Time With Family.