So, I searched my entire kitchen for something that can be easily cooked and with all ingredients available, settled down to my son’s favorite White Sauce Pasta.
Italian cuisine is my favorite always. White Sauce Pasta is a scrumptious dish which can replace any meal as its a fuller and definitely satisfy your taste buds too.
Pasta – 1 cup (any pasta variety)
(I always keep my pasta fresh in Vaya Food containers because it keep food fresh for long with its double walled insulation)
Milk – 1 and 1/2 cups
Maida(All Purpose Flour) – 1 tbsp
Onion – 1 small chopped
Baby corn – 5-6
Cheese – 2 tbsp grated
Butter – 1 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Oregano – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
1. Cook pasta with enough water along with a tsp of olive oil and salt.Drain and Set aside.
2. In a pan – heat a tsp of oil saute the veggies for 2mins,Set aside.
3. Heat butter in a pan when it starts to melt add maida.Whisk it well.
4. Now add milk and keep stirring. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes slightly thick and creamy.
5. Cook in low medium flame and keep stirring to avoid lumps.
6. Add required salt, oregano, pepper powder and chilli flakes.
7. Once the white sauce becomes thick, creamy and coats the ladle. Add the sauted vegetables.
8. Add cheese.
9. At last add cooked pasta and give a quick mix and switch off.
10. Serve Hot.
My son loves pasta for his school lunch and I only rely on lunch box by Vaya beacause it have a slim body and fits in bag easily. Also with VacuTherm technology it keeps pasta hot till lunch time and my son enjoys his meal…