Sandwich dhokla is a delicious tea time instant snack. It is a combination of sauces and the traditional dhokla. The layered dhokla gives a unique taste and immediately melts in your mouth.
This is probably a modified version of the famous dhokla.
The sauces in the juicy dhokla, gives amazing taste and make it a perfect tea time snack.
Sooji (Semolina) – 1Cup
Besan (Gram Flour) – 1tbsp
Curd – 1/2 Cup
Water – 1/2Cup
Oil – 1tbsp
Green Chilly (Finally Chopped) – 2
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 2pinch
Fruit Salt (Eno) – 1tsp
Mustard Seeds (Rai) – 2tbsp
Sugar – 4tbsp
Curry Leaves – 15
Coriander Leaves(Finely Chopped) – 4tbsp
Green Chilly (Slit Vertically) – 5
Oil – 1/2 tbsp
Water – 1Cup
Green Chutney – 2tbsp
Red Chutney/ Tomato Sauce – 2tbsp
1. Add Semolina, Gram Flour, Curd and 1/2 Cup Water. Mix it well to remove all lumps. Add more water to get the right dropping consistency.
2. Add rest of the ingredients: Salt, Turmeric & Green Chili. Mix well.
3. Add Sugar and oil and mix well again.
4. Take an aluminium bowl. Grease it with oil completely from inner side.
5. Add 1 tsp of Eno in the batter and mix well.
6. Immediately after adding fruit-salt/ENO, transfer batter to a greased aluminium bowl. This mixture is now ready for going into cooker.
7. Fill 25% of pressure cooker with water and place 1 small half filled with water again bowl inside it.
8. Place the Dhokla’s aluminium bowl above the small bowl and cover the lid of the pressure cooker do not put weight/whistle on the lid.
9. Keep on high flame and steam the Dhokla for 8-10 minutes. (Keep a check on water, if evaporated add more water to cooker)
10. Sooji Dhokla is ready in 10minutes. (Check with Knife/toothpick , if it comes out clear – dhokla is ready)
11. Cut Dhokla in slices.
12. For Sugar Seasoning – add a cup of Water and 2-1/2 Tsp Sugar. Mix well.Turn the stove on high flame and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. After 2-3 min., switch off the stove. Now directly transfer the seasoning on dhokla pieces.
13. For Sandwich Dhokla – Apply the Green Chutney on top of the lower piece and Tomato sauce/Red Sweet Chutney on top of the upper dhokla piece.
14. For Musturd Tempering – Heat 1/2 Tbsp Oil in a pan on high flame. Add 2 tsp Mustard seeds(let mustard seeds crackle) then add Green chili, Curry Leaves & 2 Tsp Coriander leaves. Mix well. Immediately pour this seasoning mix on top of the sandwich dhokla.
15. Garnish with coriander leaves, grated coconut and pomegranate.
Yummy Sandwich Dhokla Is Ready.