Chicken bharta is one of the most popular dish at my home and is loved by all. Chicken bharta is basically spicy diced or minced chicken. A delicious dish served with Naan or paranthas or even cherished with rice.
I prefer diced chicken over minced chicken, purely my choice. You can go with your choice.
Boneless Chicken – 500gms
Chopped Onion – 200gms
Tomato Puree – 1/2Cup
Black Cardamom – 3 to 4
Green Cardamom – 3 to 4
Bay Leaf – 4 to 5
Cloves – 3 to 4
Ginger Garlic Paste – 3 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1tsp
Coriander Powder – 1tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1tsp
Kasuri Methi – 1/2tsp
Garam Masala – 1tsp
Olive Oil – 4tsp (You can use your regular oil)
Salt – To Taste
1. Boil chicken with spices. ( Cloves, black & green Cardamom, bay leaves, pinch of Turmeric powder and 1/2tsp salt)
Separate Chicken and water once boiled. Remove spices from water and keep it safe for later use.
2. Heat oil in pan, add Cumin seeds and chopped onion. Fry until onion turns golden brown.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder and coriander powder and mix well
4. Add tomato Puree, salt and turmeric powder and let it cook until mixture release oil.
5. Add boiled chicken(minced or diced). Mix well.
6. Add Kasuri methi to boiled water(separated in step 1) and add to the pan.
7. Let it cook at low flame until water evaporates.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Chicken Bharta is ready. Serve hot with Naan, parantha or rice.