After introducing the amazing chef, Narayan Salunke, Sr. Executive Sous Chef, Radisson Blu Resort & Spa Alibaug in my last post. Here are a few unique, yummilicious and awww-so-awesome recipes by Chef Narayan Saluke, to add a twist to everyone’s favorite season of Mango. So guys check out the amazing unique recipes with Mango as main ingredient and try them out to give your favorite season a new taste.
Ripe Alphonso Mangoes Dices 150gm
Fresh Tender Coconut 100gm
Green Chili 2 to 3
Small Garlic Cloves 2 to 3
Tamarind Pulp 1 tsp.
Jaggery 1tsp & Salt for taste
1. Grind the all ingredients except mangoes & make a fine paste
2. Roughly chop the mango
3. Mix the chopped mango in the paste
4. Best when served with parathas or dal rice
Fresh Mango Amrakhand
Hung Curd 150gms
Fresh Mango Pulp 150gms
Cardamom Powder 1 pinch
Nutmeg Powder 1 pinch
Castor Sugar 80gms
1. In a mixing bowl mix the all ingredients till the fine consistency
2. Make sure there are no lumps.
3. Keep in the refrigerator for 1hour and serve chilled.
Kairi Aani Kandyache Takku (Grated Raw Mango & Onion Pickle)
Grated raw mangoes 150gm
Grated onion 100gm
Kashmiri chili powder 50gm
Jaggery 30gm (optional)
Salt to taste
For Tempering/ Tadka:
Mustard 1tsp, Curry leaves 5-7 leaves, Hing 1tsp, Oil 30ml
Methi seeds ½ tsp, Turmeric powder 1 pinch
1. Peel & Grate the onion and the raw mango
2. Mix grated onion, chili powder, grated raw mangoes, salt & jaggery in a bowl
3. Simultaneously, heat oil in a small frying pan for tempering (Tadka) the ingredients
4. Add mustard & fenugreek seeds to the heated oil and crackle them
5. Then add turmeric powder, Hing & curry leaves in the pan until it changes colour, fry the mix well at a low flame, so that you don’t burn the tempering
6. Pour the entire tempering along with the oil on the mixture, garnish if required.
7. Best when accompanied with Chapatti or Curd Rice.
Kairi Aani Kothimbiricha Tikhat Jam (Spicy Raw Mango Jam)
Raw Mangoes 150gms
Chopped Green Coriander 50gms
Degi Chili Powder 1 tsp
Roasted Cumin Powder 1 tsp
Salt to Taste
1. Boil the raw mangoes, peel and remove the seed
2. Mix the raw mango pulp, jaggery, roasted jeera powder & chili powder to a bowl
3. Slowly cook this mixture & reduce
4. It will become thick & shiny like a jam
5. Spicy jam is ready. Keep in a refrigerator
6. Serve with parathas, bread and phulka.
Kachya Ambyache Lonche (Quick Pickle)
Raw mango small diced 200gm
Roasted jeera powder 1tsp
Chili powder 50gm
Lemon juice 15ml
Salt to taste
Mix well all the ingredients, keep in airtight jar.
Coconut Mango Oatmeal with Cinnamon Hint
Shredded tender coconut 50gm
Coconut milk 150ml
Ripe small diced mango 150gm
Castor sugar 30gm
Dry fruits 20gm
Cardamom powder 1 pinch
Stir all the ingredients together in a bowl & cover & leave it overnight.